The Government will make a $250 one-off cost of living payment in April 2022 to six million eligible pensioners, welfare recipients, veterans and eligible concession card holders.
The $250 payment will be tax-exempt and not count as income support for the purposes of any Government income support. A person can only receive one economic support payment, even if they are eligible under two or more of the eligible categories.
The payment will only be available to Australian residents who are eligible recipients of the following payments, and to concession card holders:
- Age Pension;
- Disability Support Pension;
- Parenting Payment;
- Carer Payment;
- Carer Allowance (if not receiving a primary income support payment);
- Jobseeker Payment;
- Youth Allowance;
- Austudy and Abstudy Living Allowance;
- Double Orphan Pension;
- Special Benefit;
- Farm Household Allowance;
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) holders;
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders; and
- eligible Veterans’ Affairs payment recipients and Veteran Gold card holders.